There was a time when a runny nostril, a couple of sneezes, a persistent cough, and wheezing have been unmistakable indicators of both a light or extreme chilly or flu. However, in Covid-19 instances, it’s tough to say. Indeed, did you understand that these indicators may additionally point to cardiac issues? Well, individuals may not remember of it however there are a couple of common symptoms of flu and heart attack. So, on this article, we’ll speak about how to distinguish between these two health issues and their shared symptoms.
To discover the reply and to higher perceive in regards to the both the diseases, HealthShots spoke to Dr Narayan Gadkar, Cardiologist, Zen Multispeciality Hospital.
What are some common symptoms of flu and heart health issues?
Some common symptoms of the flu and heart attack are:
- Nausea and vomiting
- Cold sweat
The treating doctor is the appropriate individual to distinguish between the symptoms of a heart attack and flu.
How to differentiate between the symptoms of heart issues and flu?
Dr Gadkar says, “Although there is no connection between a heart attack and the flu, these two disorders do have several common symptoms.” Here, we clarify how to distinguish between the indicators and symptoms of the 2 illnesses.
1. Find the trigger of nausea
Flu symptoms: Nausea and other gastrointestinal issues are seen when one is detected with flu. But there may also be other symptoms reminiscent of high fever, headache and muscle aches, cough, sore throat, and tiredness.
Heart attack symptoms: Likewise, when one will get a heart attack, she or he can have nausea and vomiting.
Solution: It is healthier to know in regards to the underlying trigger of nausea or vomiting as a substitute of dismissing it with none treatment.
2. Don’t take dizziness frivolously
Symptoms: Other symptoms that one experiences in the course of the flu are light-headedness or dizziness which are additionally the crimson flags of a heart attack or stroke. One will additionally get fixed complications.
Solution: Be attentive when it comes to your health and simply search well timed intervention for those who’re always experiencing dizziness and headache.
Also, read: World Heart Day: 10 warning indicators that would point out deteriorating heart health
3. Cold sweat
Symptoms: Cold sweats could be the potential indicators of a heart attack. But they will additionally point out the flu.
Solution: If you’re feeling higher in a couple of days, it should be the flu. However, if chilly sweats are changing into a day by day affair examine along with your doctor.
Symptoms: Another symptom that’s common between the flu and a heart attack is feeling fatigued. One may really feel exhausted owing to the additional stress on the heart, particularly when it tries tougher to pump blood.
Solution: You want to know that extreme fatigue is one of the earliest symptoms of flu. So, be cautious and take cost of your health.
Is there any hyperlink between flu and heart issues?
Dr Gadkar says, “It can be safely said that there is no association between flu and heart problems. You need to know that flu is a viral infection that tends to take a toll on your respiratory system, meaning the nose, throat, and lungs. Moreover, heart problems occur in the heart muscle which doesn’t get enough blood. But, there are some symptoms that can be considered flu but may turn out to be heart attacks.”
One wants to seek the advice of the doctor when the symptoms seem and search well timed intervention. Do not neglect these symptoms.
To hold heart diseases at bay, observe these 5 suggestions:
1. Eat a nutritious diet that’s wealthy in nutritional vitamins, iron, minerals and veggies whereas low in energy. This can help scale back ldl cholesterol, decrease blood stress and scale back inflammation.
Also, read: Tomato flu to Nipah virus: Infections within the air
2. A sedentary life-style is the most important threat for the heart. To strengthen your heart, transfer extra and exercise frequently. You can carry out cardio workout routines and resistance coaching.
3. Quit smoking! Smoking is one of the contributors to dangerous heart health. It reduces the blood stream to the heart which raises the danger of heart attack.
4. Sleep effectively so as to really feel rejuvenated and wholesome on a regular basis. Having common and ample sleep can help scale back the danger of heart attack, diabetes, high blood stress and melancholy.
5. Keep your stress under management, or it might trigger high blood stress, which might trigger heart assaults and strokes. Yoga and meditation are good methods to scale back stress.
Tips to stop flu:
To stop the flu from spreading, individuals ought to practice good hygiene practices reminiscent of overlaying their nostril whereas sneezing, coughing right into a tissue or handkerchief, and not touching their eyes, nostril, or mouth.
If you might have the flu, drink extra liquids like water, juice, coconut water, or heat soups. Get sufficient sleep and relaxation. Consult your doctor about over-the-counter painkillers for a speedy restoration.