Following the latest round of prosecutions, the 4 pedicab operators had been fined a complete of over £4,230 on September 21 at the City of London Magistrates Court.

Two of the drivers had been handed bigger fines after they had been discovered responsible of the identical offence last year.

All 4 had been prosecuted under the Control of Pollution Act in what the council hopes will be a “warning” that nuisance pedicab drivers will not be tolerated in central London.

Councillor Aicha Less, deputy leader, cabinet Leader for Communities and Public Protection said:

“This latest round of prosecutions will serve as a warning to pedicab drivers that we will not tolerate anti-social behaviour in Westminster. Residents and visitors have had enough of pedicab drivers playing loud music and blocking pavements, and the council will prosecute when necessary.

“Pedicabs are unlicensed, unsafe, and have been known to charge extortionate fares. We encourage residents and visitors to the West End to use licensed forms of transport – buses, taxis, and London Underground – for their own safety.”

In June, 5 pedicab operators have been issued with record fines following an investigation by Westminster Council.

In conjunction with the Met Police, the operators had been charged a complete of £5,682 because the council ramps up strain on the drivers who mass in London’s West End.

Despite the investigation, earlier this year, a London said he was power to pay £500 by a pedicab operator who distracted him as he went to pay for a ten minute journey on the rider’s card machine.

1
2
Previous articleMASLOC disburses group loans to beneficiaries in Ashanti Region
Next articleUK ticket-holder scoops £171m EuroMillions jackpot