Wembley: Unlicensed tattoo artist jailed for 13 years after raping unconscious woman

Wembley: Unlicensed tattoo artist jailed for 13 years after raping unconscious woman

A

n unlicensed tattoo artist who “exploited and abused” a woman’s trust before raping her whereas she was unconscious at his flat has been sentenced to 13 years in jail.

Brazilian Dewal Dos Santos Silva, 37, of High Road, Wembley, was contacted by the victim, a woman in her mid-30s, who organized to go to the flat to get a tattoo completed on the night of October 30, 2020.

While there she grew to become groggy and lost consciousness before waking within the early hours of the next morning to discover Dos Santos Silva raping her.

As the “distraught” woman went house after the assault, Dos Santos Silva despatched a textual content apologising for “screwing up” and asking if she was indignant with him.

He was arrested by police on November 3 of that year, claiming he couldn’t bear in mind what had occurred, however officers had seized forensic proof which might later show his guilt.

Police say there’s a “possibility” extra victims are but to come forward.

Dos Santos Silva was discovered responsible of rape at Harrow Crown Court on Thursday and was sentenced to 13 years’ imprisonment, with an additional 5 years to be served on licence, the Metropolitan Police said.

A restraining order was additionally issued prohibiting him from contacting the victim instantly or not directly.

He was discovered not responsible of administering a substance with intent.

Detective Constable Ian Smith, North West Command Unit, said: “The victim somewhat trusted Dos Santos Silva as she had met him on a previous occasion for a piercing which went without incident.

“This time around he exploited and abused her trust in the most horrific way, making her feel uncomfortable with suggestive comments before going on to rape her.

“Her bravery and courage is remarkable and I hope Dos Santos Silva’s jailing goes some way to helping her move on to the next chapter in her life.

“It is a possibility that there are more victims of Dos Santos Silva who have yet to come forward. I would encourage anyone who may have been a victim to contact us.

“We will listen to you, we will investigate and take action.”

Source:standard.co.uk

Related Posts

Thamesmead: Teen stabbing victims named as tributes flow

Thamesmead: Teen stabbing victims named as tributes flow

T ributes are flowing for the 2 16-year-old boys killed in “senseless” stabbings only a mile aside in south-east London. Detectives are treating the murders of Kearnie Solanke and Charlie…

Read more
Expert pledges cutting edge green technology to aid Sadiq Khan’s e-car revolution

Expert pledges cutting edge green technology to aid Sadiq Khan’s e-car revolution

C ountries the world over should bolster their power grids so as to help appropriate numbers of automobiles, a cutting-edge green technology agency has said. In London, Sadiq Khan has…

Read more
Richmond: Murder probe after man dies following fight

Richmond: Murder probe after man dies following fight

A homicide investigation has been launched after a man has died following a fight in Richmond. Emergency services had been referred to as to Richmond Bridge at around 4am on…

Read more