Twitter to resume hiring after Elon Musk sacks more than 4k staff

Twitter to resume hiring after Elon Musk sacks more than 4k staff

Elon Musk has said Twitter is hiring staff again after sacking more than 4,000 workers in current weeks.

The billionaire entrepreneur told staff on Monday that the company is completed with shedding employees and is actively recruiting for roles in its engineering and gross sales departments, The Verge first reported.

Mr Musk added that workers have been inspired to make referrals, however he didn’t specify the forms of engineering or gross sales roles Twitter was hiring for. The company currently has no open positions listed on its web site.

Mr Musk said: “In terms of critical hires, I would say people who are great at writing software are the highest priority.”

Twitter to resume hiring after Elon Musk sacks more than 4k staff

It comes after a tumultuous few weeks for the social media giant since the Tesla chief took control.

Last week, Mr Musk locked the doorways to the company’s office after as many as 1,000 staff give up following an ultimatum about whether or not they have been ready to signal up to “extremely hardcore” working situations.

The exodus is believed to have included a few of Twitter’s most essential engineers and coincided with a pointy rise in reported issues with its web site.

On Monday, Mr Musk additionally said that he wouldn’t transfer Twitter’s headquarters to Texas, including that his buy of the company was not a part of a “right-wing takeover”.

He said: “If we want to move the headquarters to Texas I think it would play into the idea that Twitter has gone from being left-wing to right-wing, which is not the case. This is not a right-wing takeover of Twitter. It is a moderate-wing takeover of Twitter.”

He added: “To be the digital town square, we must represent people with a wide array of views even if we disagree with those views.”

Mr Musk has additionally delayed the relaunch of his flagship subscription service, Twitter Blue, in an additional signal of difficulties for the billionaire.

The relaunch was supposed to take place on November 29, however Mr Musk said he was “holding off” from launching the product again till there was a “high confidence of stopping impersonation”.

The subscription, which will enable individuals to purchase a blue tick for £7 a month, was paused after it led to a wave of imposter accounts pretending to be companies and well-known individuals.

On Monday, Mr Musk said that the subscription service would “probably use different colour checks for organisations than individuals”.

Sam Bankman-Fried, the disgraced founding father of crypto change FTX, reportedly owned a $100m stake in Twitter before it was taken private, it emerged.

Mr Musk personally texted Mr Bankman-Fried asking him to again his $44bn takeover deal, Semafor reported, and the previous FTX chief now owns part of privately held and debt-laden Twitter. Mr Bankman-Fried had a large net of investments, together with backing US media startup Semafor.

DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform don’t essentially characterize the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.

Credit: myjoyonline

Related Posts

Ghana would and should accumulate more dollars as international reserves – Bawumia

Ghana would and should accumulate more dollars as international reserves – Bawumia

Vice President Dr. Mahamudu Bawumia Vice-President Dr Mahamudu Bawumia has said that some analysts and commentators have misinterpreted Ghana’s said policy of utilizing gold reserves to pay for oil as…

Read more
Gunmen stop sermon and rob churchgoers in South Africa

Gunmen stop sermon and rob churchgoers in South Africa

Armed robbers invaded a Johannesburg church in South Africa and stole from the congregants at gunpoint over the weekend. The gunmen stopped the sermon before continuing to acquire money and…

Read more
Norway Appeal Court dismisses appeal against Ghana in Oslo chancery building case

Norway Appeal Court dismisses appeal against Ghana in Oslo chancery building case

By a unanimous resolution, the Oslo Court of Appeal, Norway composed of three Justices of Appeal (Pal Morten Andreassen, Irene Sogn and Rolf Ytrehus), has in a judgment dated Tuesday,…

Read more