Saglemi Housing Project can be salvaged – Ebo Bonful

Saglemi Housing Project can be salvaged – Ebo Bonful

The Saglemi Housing Project was initiated by the John Mahama administration in 2012

President of the Ghana Real Estate Developers Association (GREDA), Patrick Ebo Bonful, says the Saglemi Housing Project isn’t a complete write-off.

According to him, regardless of the poor circumstances through which the deserted website has been left in, it can nonetheless be revamped to serve its supposed function.

He was replying to a statement made by the Ranking Member on Parliament’s Works and Housing Committee, Vincent Asamoah, who had alleged that the Housing Minister, Francis Asenso-Boakye, had justified the promoting of the Saglemi Project as a result of it was a failed venture and a complete write-off.

Speaking on JoyNews’s PM Express, the GREDA President noted that whereas the location has largely been looted, it can nonetheless be salvaged however at nice cost.

“Sure, it can be salvaged. Luckily the physical structures as we see from these pictures are still solid and so can be salvaged. The only thing is that it needs a cost revision which means that the projected cost will have to increase significantly because of these and so on and so forth.

“So it can be salvaged, it can be done but at a greater cost. It’s not a total write off, but at this stage is seriously problematic,” he said.

Meanwhile, the Ranking Member on Parliaments Works and Housing Committee, Vincent Asamoah, has known as for an independent inquiry into the raiding of the Saglemi Housing Project by unknown individuals.

According to him, it’s remarkable that the location which is supposedly under the care of the police might have been looted so completely with out the police arresting any culprits.

JoyNews had been to the location and found louvre blades, window glazing, kitchen units, doorways and panels, in addition to electrical wirings amongst many others all stolen from the location.

Speaking regarding the state of affairs, Vincent Asamoah said it was necessary to get the basis of what had occurred at Saglemi.

“Everything has been removed. They pulled all the cables from the wall. So we are asking that even before we take a decision on that there should be an independent probe into this to find out why these things happened.

“Because after I encountered some of the Ministers, one of the Deputies said, ‘oh we handed the place to the police to handle.’ So if you have the police taking care of the place and all these things are gone, do we have to leave it like that?” he said on PM Express.

DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform don’t essentially characterize the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.

Credit: myjoyonline

Related Posts

Ghana would and should accumulate more dollars as international reserves – Bawumia

Ghana would and should accumulate more dollars as international reserves – Bawumia

Vice President Dr. Mahamudu Bawumia Vice-President Dr Mahamudu Bawumia has said that some analysts and commentators have misinterpreted Ghana’s said policy of utilizing gold reserves to pay for oil as…

Read more
Gunmen stop sermon and rob churchgoers in South Africa

Gunmen stop sermon and rob churchgoers in South Africa

Armed robbers invaded a Johannesburg church in South Africa and stole from the congregants at gunpoint over the weekend. The gunmen stopped the sermon before continuing to acquire money and…

Read more
Norway Appeal Court dismisses appeal against Ghana in Oslo chancery building case

Norway Appeal Court dismisses appeal against Ghana in Oslo chancery building case

By a unanimous resolution, the Oslo Court of Appeal, Norway composed of three Justices of Appeal (Pal Morten Andreassen, Irene Sogn and Rolf Ytrehus), has in a judgment dated Tuesday,…

Read more