Table of Contents
If you own an Acer laptop or desktop computer and are interested in learning how to screen record, you’ve come to the right place. Screen recording has become a valuable tool for many professionals and individuals who want to create tutorials, presentations, and online courses. With screen recording, you can conveniently capture everything that’s happening on your computer screen, including audio and video.
In this article, we’ll guide you through the process of how to screen record on acer laptop. While most Acer laptops don’t come with a built-in screen recording feature, there are many third-party software programs available that you can download to capture your screen.
Before starting recording your Acer laptop
Before you begin screen recording on your Acer laptop, it’s essential to ensure that your system meets the necessary requirements to avoid any issues during the recording process. Here are some basic requirements you should meet for a smooth screen recording experience:
- Firstly, your Acer laptop should have an integrated webcam and microphone. These are essential for recording video and audio during the screen recording process.
- Secondly, your Acer laptop should have a minimum of 4GB RAM. The higher the RAM, the smoother the recording process will be, as it reduces the risk of lagging or freezing while recording.
- Thirdly, your Acer laptop should have at least 1GB of free storage space to store your recorded video. It’s advisable to have more than 1GB of free storage space to ensure that your recording can be saved successfully without any storage-related issues.
- Lastly, your Acer laptop should have a Windows 10 operating system. This is because most screen recording software programs are designed to work optimally on this operating system. If you have a different operating system, it’s advisable to check if the screen recording software you want to use is compatible with it before proceeding with the recording.
How to screen record on Acer laptop with a powerful screen recorder
Now, it’s time to choose the right screen recording software to complete the task. Several options are available, both free and paid, and it can be challenging to decide which one to use. Some popular choices include Awesome Screenshot & Recorder, OBS Studio, Camtasia, and Bandicam. Each option has its features, so it’s essential to do your research and choose the one that best suits your needs.
We recommend you use Awesome Screenshot & Recorder, an easy-to-use yet HD screen recorder and screen capture tool. It is a browser extension for Chrome, Firefox, Edge, and Safari, letting you screen record your Acer laptop on the go!
Awesome Screenshot & Recorder
One extension for all your screen recordings & screenshots
- Record screen and capture screenshots easily
- Edit videos/images quickly
- Store videos/images in the cloud and share them instantly
As a helpful screen recording tool, Awesome Screenshot & Recorder lets you record your screen with audio and/or webcam up to 4k resolution. It also allows you to annotate while recording, edit the video, upload the media to the cloud storage, share it instantly, etc.
Fortunately, this tool also provides value-added screenshot features, allowing you to capture a scrolling screenshot, take a screenshot of the entire screen, any selected area, and more!
Now, let’s see how you can use this tool to screen record on an Acer laptop with sound.
Step 1. Download and install Awesome Screenshot & Recorder to your browser. Launch it, sign in, or create a new account. Add To Chrome
Step 2. Select “Record” and choose from 4 recording modes: “Desktop”, “Camera Only”, “This Tab” or “Custom(This Tab)” based on your needs. Set the video resolution and choose whether to open the webcam or microphone sound.
Step 3. Once the setting is done, click “Start Recording” to record. If you have chosen the “Desktop” mode, you will be asked to select the page or window to record before the recording starts. If you have chosen the “Custom(This Tab)” mode, you will need to drag to select the recording area and then let the recording start.
Step 4. When you want to end the recording, click the Awesome Screenshot & Recorder icon, then click the “Stop” button.
Step 5. Your video will be saved to the cloud automatically. You can check it in “My Items“. It lets you edit it online or generate a shareable link in a snap.
How to screen record on Acer laptop using Windows 10’s built-in feature
If you prefer not to download any third-party tools, you can use the built-in screen recording feature on Windows 10. Here are the steps to follow:
Step 1. Open the app or program you want to screen record on your Acer laptop.
Step 2. Press the Windows + G keys on your keyboard to open the Game Bar.
Step 3. Click on the record button to start the screen recording.
Step 4. Click on the stop button to end the recording.
Step 5. Your screen recording will be saved in the Captures folder on your Acer laptop.
Tips for Better Screen Recording on Acer Laptop
If you want to improve the quality of your screen recording, there are several things you can do to ensure you get the best results possible. Here are some tips to help you:
- Firstly, ensure that your Acer laptop has sufficient storage space to accommodate large video files. Screen recordings can take up a lot of space, so it’s important to have enough storage available to avoid running out of space during recording.
- Secondly, make sure you have a stable and fast internet connection. This will help prevent any lag or buffering during recording, which can affect the quality of your video.
- Thirdly, consider using an external microphone to improve the quality of your audio. Built-in laptop microphones can pick up background noise and other audio interference, which can make your recordings sound less professional. Using an external microphone can help eliminate this problem.
- Fourthly, keep your Acer laptop charger plugged in while recording. This will ensure that your battery doesn’t run out in the middle of a recording session, which can be frustrating and can result in lost footage.
- Fifthly, turn off notifications and alerts to prevent interruptions during recording. Any notifications that pop up during your recording will be captured in your video, which can be distracting and unprofessional.
- Finally, test your recording settings and software before starting the actual recording. This will help ensure that everything is working properly and that you are familiar with the recording process. This can help save time and prevent any potential mistakes or issues during the actual recording session.
Screen recording is a useful technique for capturing and sharing your Acer laptop’s screen activities with others. With the right software and some easy-to-follow steps, you can produce high-quality videos that are sure to grab people’s attention. Screen recording allows you to demonstrate software, provide tutorials, showcase presentations, and capture important moments during online meetings, among other things.
To get started, you’ll need to download and install screen recording software such as OBS Studio, Bandicam, Camtasia, or Movavi Screen Recorder. Once you have the software installed, you can begin recording your screen activities by selecting the appropriate source or area to record, adjusting the recording settings, and starting the recording process.
To produce professional-looking screen recordings, it’s essential to ensure that your Acer laptop has sufficient storage space and processing power to handle the screen recording software’s demands. It’s also essential to choose the right recording settings, such as the resolution, frame rate, and audio quality, to produce high-quality videos that are easy to view and understand.
After you’ve finished recording, you can use video editing software such as Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro, or iMovie to edit and enhance your screen recording. You can add music, captions, animations, or any other effects that you desire to make your videos more engaging and informative.
Overall, by following these tips and techniques, you can easily create professional-looking screen recordings on your Acer laptop that can help you communicate your ideas more effectively and engage your audience.
FAQs about how to screen record on acer laptop:
Q. How long can I record my screen on an Acer laptop?
The length of your screen recording depends on the storage capacity of your Acer computer and the screen recording software you are using.
Q. Is screen recording legal?
Yes, screen recording is legal as long as it is for personal use or educational purposes. However, recording copyrighted content without permission is illegal.
Q. Can I edit the screen recording after it is done?
Yes, you can edit the screen recording using video editing software to add effects, trim the video, and add captions.
Q. How do I record my screen on my Acer laptop Windows 7?
To record your screen on an Acer laptop running Windows 7, you can use the built-in “Problem Steps Recorder.” Here’s how to use it:
Step 1. Click on the “Start” button on your desktop.
Step 2. In the search box, type “psr” and hit enter.
Step 3. Click on “Start Record” to begin recording your screen.
Step 4. Perform the actions you want to record on your screen.
Step 5. Click on “Stop Record” when you are finished recording.
Step 6. Save the file to your desired location.
Q. How can I screen record on my Acer laptop Windows 8?
You can press the “Start” on your Acer laptop, and then choose “Accessories” > “Steps Recorder” > “Start Record” on your Acer laptop Windows 8 to start recording.
Q. How do I record my screen on my Acer laptop Windows 11?
To record your screen on an Acer laptop running Windows 11, you can follow these steps:
Step 1. Open the app or window that you want to record.
Step 2. Press the Windows key + G on your keyboard. This will open the Xbox Game Bar.
Step 3. Click the “Capture” button (the circle with a dot inside) on the Xbox Game Bar.
Step 4. Select “Record” from the options.
Step 5. Choose whether you want to record the entire screen or just a portion of it.
Step 6. Click the microphone icon to turn the audio recording on or off.
Step 7. Click the “Record” button (the circle with a dot inside) to start recording.
Step 8. When you’re done recording, click the “Stop” button (the square with a rectangle inside) on the Xbox Game Bar.
Step 9. Your recording will be saved to your Videos folder by default.
Q: Does Acer laptop come with a built-in screen recording feature?
A: Most Acer laptops do not come with a built-in screen recording feature. However, there are third-party software programs you can download to screen record on your Acer laptop.
Q: What are some recommended screen recording software for Acer laptops?
A: Some popular screen recording software for Acer laptops include OBS Studio, Bandicam, Camtasia, and Movavi Screen Recorder.
Q: How do I screen record on an Acer laptop using OBS Studio?
A: Here are the steps to screen record on your Acer laptop using OBS Studio:
- Download and install OBS Studio on your Acer laptop.
- Open OBS Studio and select “Display Capture” under the “Sources” tab.
- Select the display you want to record from the dropdown menu.
- Click the “Start Recording” button on the main screen to begin recording.
- When you’re finished, click the “Stop Recording” button and your video will be saved.
Q: How do I screen record on an Acer laptop using Bandicam?
A: Here are the steps to screen record on your Acer laptop using Bandicam:
- Download and install Bandicam on your Acer laptop.
- Open Bandicam and select the “Screen Recording” mode.
- Choose the area you want to record by dragging your mouse over the screen.
- Click the “Record” button to begin recording.
- When you’re finished, click the “Stop” button and your video will be saved.
Q: Can I edit my screen-recorded video on my Acer laptop?
A: Yes, you can edit your screen-recorded video on your Acer laptop using video editing software such as Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro, or iMovie.
Q: Are there any free screen recording software for Acer laptops?
A: Yes, there is free screen recording software for Acer laptops such as OBS Studio, ShareX, and Screencast-O-Matic.